Advance Care Planning is a process of understanding, reflecting on and discussing future medical decisions, including end-of-life preferences. This is an appointment that can be set up at the Richland Medical Center. It may include:
- Understanding your health care condition and treatment options.
- Clarifying your health care wishes and defining what “living well” means to you.
- Weighing your options about what types of care and treatment you would want or not want.
- Choosing a health care agent who can speak for you if you become injured or ill and unable to communicate.
- Communicating your wishes and sharing any documents with your family, friends, clergy, advisors, physicians and other health care professionals.