The Richland Medical Center has an opening for a full- time Clinical Applications Specialist position in our clinic. Benefit package is available with this position. This position will be 40 hours/ week. Successful applicant will provide direct support and training to staff with Electronic Medical Records.
Applications are available on the clinic website www.richlandmedctr.com or at the front desk.
Please submit your resume to:
Cora Box, Information Technology Supervisor
Richland Medical Center, LTD
301 East Second Street
Richland Center, WI 53581
JOB TITLE: Clinical Applications Specialist
REPORTS TO: IT Supervisor
Responsible for training and support of users of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Appointment Scheduling (AS) systems. Work with users of these systems to align technology solutions to meet the needs of the organization. Assist in the developing of Policy and Procedures to promote standardization and consistency of computer system use.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide training and ongoing technical support to users of the EMR and AS systems. Assist in the design, implementation, and training of new software programs.
- Collaborate with IT Supervisor, IT Committee and other applicable committees regarding strategy and planning related to the EMR and AS systems.
- Run and create database queries, tabulate data, and generate related reports as needed.
- Develop consistency and standardization of IT systems use across the various departments of the clinic, rural health clinics, and the hospital.
- Monitor trends in the health care industry, remain up to date on new software technology, evaluate features, and make recommendations regarding issues, applicability, cost, implementation, risks, etc.
- Help manage the design, development, implementation and use of templates, quick text, lab tables, etc in the EMR.
- Help manage the design, development, implementation and use of templates and type of visit codes in the AS system.
- Work in concert with the other RMC employees and provide backup and assistance as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
Frequent contacts with employees and clinicians of RMC, the Rural Health Clinics, The Richland Hospital, other system support personnel, and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Post high school education required. Bachelor degree in related field preferred.
Proven competency in IT required. Must be comfortable in computer use and have the ability to quickly learn computer programs and system applications. Clinical background or work in health care field strongly preferred. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as ability to effectively problem solve are required. Must be able to display a patient attitude when coaching and mentoring users. Must also be able to prioritize job responsibilities and have the initiative to act accordingly. Background in EMR implementation and education a plus.